Dominus Liminis - is expected to show mastery of pratyāhāra and dhāranā. (from "One Star in Sight")
The Syllabus of a Dominus Liminus
He is given meditation-practices on the Control of Thought, and is instructed in rājayoga.
He receives "Liber Mysteriorum" [the book of A.'.A.'. initiations] and obtains a perfect understanding of the Formulæ of Initiation.
He meditates upon the diverse knowledge and power that he has acquired, and harmonizes it perfectly.
Further, he lights the Magic Lamp.
At last, "Ritual VIII [The Ritual Proper for the Invocation of Augoeides]" admits him to the grade of Adeptus Minor.
The Task of a Dominus Liminus
0. Let any Philosophus be appointed by authority a Dominus Liminis.
Let him then read through this note of his office and sign it.
Let him cause the necessary addition to be made to his Philosophus’ robe.
Let him receive "Liber Mysteriorum".
Let him make an appointment with his Dominus Liminis at the pleasure of the latter for the conferring of advancement.
1. The Dominus Liminis shall proceed to the title of Adeptus Minor at any time that authority confers it.
2. He shall pass examination "Liber III [Jugorum]", Cap. III.
3. He shall meditate on the diverse knowledge and Power that he has acquired, and harmonize it perfectly. And in this matter shall he be judged by the Præmonstrator of the [Order].
4. He shall accept an office in a Temple of Initiation, and commit to memory a part appointed by the Imperator of the [Order].
5. Besides all this, he shall abide upon the Threshold. Let him remember that the word Dominus Liminis is no idle term, but that his mastery will often be disputed, when he knoweth it not.
6. When at last he hath attained to the grade of Adeptus Minor, let him humble himself exceedingly.
7. He may at any moment withdraw from his association with the [Order] simply notifying the Adept who introduced him.
8. He shall everywhere proclaim openly his connection with the [Order] and speak of It and Its principles (even so little as he understandeth) for that mystery is the enemy of Truth.
Furthermore, he shall construct the Magic Lamp, according to the instruction in "Liber A".
Six months after his admission to the Grade, he shall go to his Adeptus Minor, pass the necessary tests, and repeat to him his appointed part in the Temple of Initiation.
9. He shall in every way establish perfect control of his intuition, according to the advice of his Adeptus Minor, for that the ordeal of advancement is no light one.
10. Thus and not otherwise may he obtain the great reward: YEA, MAY HE OBTAIN THE GREAT REWARD!
Dominus Liminis Curriculum
The Dominus Liminis will be examined in the following books:
"Liber AL vel Legis", "The Book of the Law".
"Liber YOD", formerly called VESTA.
"Liber A’ASH vel Capricorni Pneumatici".
"The Wake World.
"The Ritual Proper for the Invocation of Augoeides".
"Liber Samekh, Theurgia Goetia Summæ (Congressus cum Dæmone)".
"John St. John".
This course is specially adapted to facilitate the Task proper to the Grade of Adeptus Minor, the Attainment of rājayoga and of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.
The Robe of a Dominus Liminis
When this title is conferred by Authority, the Philosophus shall replace the Black Hood with a White Hood of the same material, with the Three Neteru in Blue below the eyes. Adepti appearing as Lords of the Paths shall cover the entire garment with Silver Gauze from head to foot.
The Oath of a Dominus Liminus
I, ______________________ (motto), being of sound mind and body, and prepared, on this ___ day of ___________ (An ______ SUN in __° of __) do hereby resolve: in the Presence of ______________________ an Adeptus Minor of the A.'.A.'.: To prosecute the Great Work: which is, to obtain control of the aspirations of my own being.
Further, I promise to observe zeal in service to the Philosophi under me, and to deny myself utterly on their behalf.
May the A.'.A.'. crown the work, lend me of Its wisdom in the work, enable me to understand the work!
Reverence, duty, sympathy do I bring to the A.'.A.'. and right soon may I be admitted to the knowledge and conversation of the A.'.A.'.!